Make sure that these permissions are configured correctly:
- Joomla! /tmp folder is writable
- Your upload folder (default is usually /components/com_rsform/uploads) is writable
- The relative path you are trying to access (www.website.com/components/com_rsform/uploads/file.doc) points to the correct absolute path of the upload folder (/var/www/mywebsite/components/com_rsform/uploads)
- from Joomla! Administration -> Site -> System Information -> Directory Permissions.
- from your FTP account.
Diagnose the upload server
The File Upload component has a built-in diagnostics feature. You can check your server upload settings by pressing the Diagnose server upload settings button. This button is found by editing the File Upload component, under Attributes tab. The following details are provided:
- File Uploads Enabled: Yes / No
- Temporary Directory Set: Yes / No
- Maximum Number of Uploads: the maximum number of uploads
- Maximum File Upload Size: the maximum file size
- Maximum POST Size: server's POST variable maximum size
- Memory Limit: server's memory limit
This can also be generated by the misconfiguration in the upload form component's accepted File Types. The correct way is to put each type on a new line. For example:
upload_max_filesize=6M; post_max_size=7M;Always keep the post_max_size larger than the upload_max_filesize.